Hosted Cloud-Based Virtual Office PBX
Using ZoomCalls for Your Business
Ever wonder if there’s a better alternative to using a landline phone service? If your business has been stuck with a traditional phone company, you may have encountered hidden fees, added expenses and contractual obligations. Many companies don’t even see these until they’re hit with a high monthly bill and no way to get out of their plan.
You may have also struggled with bad customer service, slow tech support or difficulty adding and dropping lines. These are common problems with landline companies. Unfortunately, they can cost your business time, money and sanity — all of which are important to maintaining efficiency and keeping a pleasant work environment.
With all the hassles of sticking with traditional services, you have every reason to switch to ZoomCalls. Discover the benefits of using a VoIP system and learn why it might be an excellent choice for your office.
What Is ZoomCalls?
ZoomCalls is a cloud-based Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service for businesses across the world. It functions a lot like your traditional phone service, only far better.
VoIP calling is a service that uses an established Internet connection rather than landline phone services. Cloud-based — also known as hosted — VoIP systems store the hardware used to connect callers off-site at a secure data facility. This means less hardware and software struggles for you and your team.
Using VoIP allows you to combine your phone and Internet packages into one high-speed plan to cover both functions. Depending on your office and service provider, you may not even need to purchase any new hardware. At most, you may need to order headsets or IP phones, which are still less expensive than landline units. Any office or computer should already have the correct ports.
With ZoomCalls business VoIP phone system, you can make calls to the United States or Canada with a low monthly cost and no hidden fees or per-minute charges. Your business won’t get locked into any minimum contracts, and we allow you to scale and adapt your plan at any time. Overall, you’ll be saving a lot of money.
As a VoIP service, ZoomCalls offers many more features than a traditional landline, such as handling multiple calls at the same time. With industry-leading audio, each call you make throughout your facility will be crystal clear. And you don’t even have to be in-office to use the services — remote and traveling workers can still stay connected.
How Does ZoomCalls Work?
As a VoIP phone service, all communication is sent through a broadband Internet connection instead of a traditional phone line. ZoomCalls sends your voice to the other party or parties through your network via data packets. Because it’s tied to the network you use throughout your entire facility, you can enjoy seamless integration between your phone and computer network, including the ability to save a recording of your calls to your computer.
Unlike traditional phone lines, a VoIP service allows for seamless conference calls, call transfers, multiple calls and other convenient options — a plus in today’s fast-paced business environment. With no added hardware, you can have callers respond to prompts, leave a recorded voicemail or hold on a line. Through these functions and more, you can provide top-notch customer service before your employees even answer a call.
And that’s not all. VoIP services offer many more options and benefits in comparison to traditional phone companies.
What Are the Benefits of Using Cloud-Based VoIP?
In comparison to traditional landlines and phone services, using a cloud-based VoIP system will provide your business with all kinds of benefits. It’ll save you time, money, hassle and future headaches as soon as you switch. Your office will also have access to features it might not have with standard phone services. With VoIP, you’ll be able to:
1. Save Money
Using cloud-based VoIP services can lower your communication costs in several ways. For one, you’ll have lower monthly payments. We charge a per-user fee rather than basing your bill on the total amount of minutes for the entire office. And when we say unlimited calls, we actually mean it — no added, hidden or long-distance fees.
You’ll also pay less for hardware and software. IP phones, should you need to purchase them, are relatively inexpensive, and many systems can run without them. By running through a cloud system, you will be able to hold or take multiple calls, a feature that would require more expensive equipment with landline services. VoIP systems are also easier to maintain and fix in the case of a connection issue, so there’s no need to bring in the IT specialists.
2. Integrate With Your Current Systems
Every business uses Internet-based systems. So, why not include your communications in the same way? VoIP services will integrate seamlessly with the applications your company already runs.
Cloud-based business tools allow your employees to access everything they need quickly and on a single device. Providing them with the ability to make calls without having to switch systems creates higher productivity and ease of use. By connecting and simplifying the processes your employees use for communication, you’ll create a faster and more modern workplace, in house and on the go.
3. Choose and Change Features
Need to employ new top-line business features? It’s easy with VoIP services. You’ll have access to voicemail, auto attendant, call waiting, transfer and forwarding, music on hold, recording and do not disturb capabilities without needing any extra hardware. With ZoomCalls, these features come with no additional charge, so you can add on as many or as few as you need.
With these options, your business will be able to provide better customer service over the phone. You can program greetings for different departments, provide prompts to redirect callers to the right areas and set on-hold messages and music.
4. Stay Connected From Anywhere
Since VoIP services run through Internet access, your employees can use the same calling system from anywhere. No more waiting by the phone for an urgent call and no more being tethered to a desk.
The mobility is also an excellent feature for remote workers, traveling employees or anyone going on a business trip. As long as they have WiFi access, your team can make or receive important calls from any location, improving communication and collaboration.
5. Scale up or Down
As a business grows and downsizes, the number of employees changes. With traditional phone services, you’d have to go through the long process of adding or dropping lines. This isn’t an easy feat with long-term contracts, expensive hardware and the need for technical assistance.
But with VoIP services, your company can add as many new lines as it needs or deactivate unused extensions at any time. With no fines or long-term contracts over your head, your company will only pay for lines as long as you need them.
6. Receive Faster Tech Support
On the low chance that you encounter a technical problem, you’ll be able to get tech support fast. You can give your provider a call, and they can either help you troubleshoot or identify the problem from their end. The cloud-based software makes it easy to check without needing to be in-house.
With so many benefits and positive changes for your business, it’s easy to see why companies are looking to VoIP services. Ditching your traditional phone service might be one of the best decisions you make.
Who Benefits From Business VoIP Phone Lines?
The sheer amount of advantages VoIP services have over traditional phone companies makes it easy for companies in any location or industry and of any size to benefit from switching over.
Because ZoomCalls business VoIP phone service supports multiple callers at the same time, it’s used in many businesses where telecommunication is an essential part of daily operations. Most American businesses use VoIP lines in at least one location.
An incredible array of industries work smarter, harder and faster with VoIP. Some of the most common businesses that use ZoomCalls include:
- Businesses in the financial sector: Banks, credit unions and other financial companies have to deal with sensitive personal information. It’s essential to have top security measures as well as the ability to save conversations and voicemails for later reference.
- Call centers and customer support: These businesses don’t need to be based in brick-and-mortar workplaces — many of them aren’t. VoIP services allow employees to make calls or provide customer assistance from anywhere, and additional monitoring tools enable businesses to provide quality assurance.
- Health care facilities: Doctor’s offices and hospitals often deal with serious calls that need to get through right away. VoIP services can guarantee that the staff never misses an urgent call, internally or from a potential patient.
- Government organizations: Many government organizations have to be ready for anything, anywhere. To be able to make and receive secure calls outside of office spaces, from other countries and internally is extremely valuable.
- Insurance and real estate agencies: The many features available with VoIP services allow agencies to better help their customers in several ways. With prompts, holding messages and transfer capabilities, agencies can ensure their customers can speak with the right representative.
- Schools and universities: Colleges, universities, charter schools and other educational institutions need to make great first impressions. By having a reliable system that can direct callers to the right place, they can show potential applicants that they care.
- Small businesses: While many of the typical users are larger companies, small businesses can draw from all the same benefits. Additionally, having a VoIP system in place can make any business seem like a larger, more professional company to callers.
While these are some of the most common types of companies we work with, our services are beneficial to those in all industries and of any size. From large organizations to corporate offices to independently owned businesses, VoIP is a fast solution to common issues.
Regardless of the type of business, most companies are always looking for ways to improve their communications. VoIP provides an alternative that is easy to integrate and use, secure, efficient and more cost-effective than traditional options.
What to Expect With ZoomCalls Business Phone Service
When you switch your phone system to VoIP service, you’ll receive immense benefits for your entire organization to enjoy. By signing up for our ZoomCalls services, you’ll gain the advantages of one of the best VoIP providers out there. Here are some of the many advantages that put ZoomCalls above the rest:
- Money savings: ZoomCalls VoIP phone service saves you a noticeable amount of money versus a traditional landline. Users enjoy unlimited calls and additional features at a far lower price than the restricted calls and per-minute charges accrued by most other VoIP carriers and regular phone service providers.
- Easy setup: If you have an Internet connection, you can set up an IP phone. VoIP uses the technology you already have in place, such as routers and Ethernet cables, for hassle-free installation you can perform yourself. The process requires little previous technical know-how.
- Increased efficiency: ZoomCalls allows you to seamlessly collaborate with your colleagues and quickly connect customers to the solutions they need. Your business processes will be more efficient, improving customer relationships as a result.
- Years of experience: Since 1993, EVS7 has been providing reliable communication solutions to all types of businesses. Since then, we’ve worked with more than 150 clients in 95 countries. With experience in many different industries, we know what your company needs and how to get it working more efficiently.
- Customer service: Want to try before you buy? We offer a free ZoomCall demo trial, so you can be sure it’s the right solution for your business. Additionally, we provide around-the-clock support by way of technician assistance and troubleshooting resources.
With services you can rely on and benefits to boot, it’s easy to see why so many companies use ZoomCalls for their daily interactions.
Is ZoomCalls Right for Your Business?
There are many reasons why ZoomCalls is a beneficial service for any company. But how do you know it’s the right option for your business?
ZoomCalls is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a solution that provides:
- Lower expenses without hidden or surprise fees
- Improved efficiency of communication systems and employees
- No long-term contract agreements
- The ability to control and alter your services
- Flexibility without hassle
- Better customer service for you and your callers
Regardless of the size or location of your business, VoIP services will fulfill all of these needs. As long as your network bandwidth can support running applications and making calls throughout your offices, ZoomCalls is well worth installing.
Worried your business might be too small? We don’t require a minimum amount of extensions to access our full services. Smaller businesses may actually benefit more from VoIP than larger ones, as it saves a higher percentage of money and the added features provide the illusion of a large, well-organized company.
Choose EVS7 for Your VoIP Needs
EVS7 has everything you need to begin using and benefitting from ZoomCalls business VoIP phone services. From extended features to exponential savings, we want to help make your business as efficient as it can be.
Whatever your industry and wherever your employees are, ZoomCalls can keep everything and everyone fully connected. Setting up the VoIP system is so easy, you can do it on your own time without the help of a technician. But, if you want assistance, EVS7 also provides full customer support.
To purchase or learn more about ZoomCalls, fill out our online form.